In order to facilitate the customs clearance of your goods, Martin Transports can take care of the management of import and export formalities. This offer is available to professionals and individuals residing in Switzerland.
You may be exempt from import customs fees and payment of VAT, if you are an individual. Indeed, goods for private use are exempt from royalties up to a total value of CHF 300 per day and per person and/or:
● 1kg of meat
● 5l of alcoholic beverages with an alcohol content not exceeding 18%
● 1l of alcoholic beverages with an alcohol content exceeding 18%
● 250 pieces/grams of cigarettes, cigars or other manufactured tobacco Beyond these values, you will have to declare your goods. There are different options for this:
● Filling out a form via QuickZoll: This application from the Federal Customs Administration gives you the option of paying your taxes directly online.
● Make your statement at the border post: You can make your statement orally to a border guard.
● Write your self-declaration via the declaration box: If the border guard is not available, you can make your declaration in writing using the forms on site.
If you are a company and wish to import your goods for commercial purposes, you must declare them. In order to facilitate your formalities, we offer you the possibility of carrying out all import formalities with Swiss customs on your behalf. On the other hand, on export, your Swiss goods are exempt from taxes. However, the destination country may apply import taxes and customs duties. Thus, our mission is above all to advise you and inform you when restrictions apply in the country of destination. In addition, we take care of drafting the original document, so as to minimize the taxes to be paid in the destination country.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions regarding the shipment of your goods!